Access to and use of this Website (www.taikwun.hk) / Download and use of this App (being, the mobile application “Tai Kwun”) is provided by The Jockey Club CPS Limited trading as Tai Kwun ("JCCPS" or "Tai Kwun") subject to the following terms:
1. Your use of this Website / this App signifies your agreement to be bound by these Terms and all applicable laws without limitation or qualification. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use or access this Website / download this App.
Use of Information and Materials
2. Unless otherwise stated, all information and materials in this Website / this App are for information purposes only. Information and materials in this Website / this App are provided "as is" and "as available" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, timeliness, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses or otherwise is given in connection with such information and materials.
3. You acknowledge and agree that in using this Website / this App, including but not limited to using any service as a registered user, your telecommunications service provider may charge certain fees based on the volume of data transmitted and/or charge any other fee as may be agreed between you and your telecommunications service provider.
4. When you use any map data, direction indicators, guiding functions and/or any other materials on this Website / this App that might affect your choice in relation to visits within the Central Police Station Compound (including without limitation, any photographic, pictorial, textual or other depictions of any part within or in the vicinity of the Central Police Station Compound), you may find that actual conditions differ from such data, indicators, functions and/or materials, and agree to exercise your independent judgment and use such data, indicators, functions and/or materials at your own risk.
7. JCCPS has no control over the content of any website or mobile application that is linked (in whatsoever manner) to this Website / this App (“Third Party Sites”) or any goods and/or services offered, introduced, mentioned or promoted on the Third Party Sites or on this Website / this App by third parties(“Third Party Goods / Services”), makes no representation regarding, and is not responsible for, (a) the content or accuracy of any Third Party Sites or Third Party Goods / Services; or (b) the availability, quality, fitness for purpose, merchantability, or any other description regarding the Third Party Goods / Services.
8. Unless otherwise stated, JCCPS does not license, endorse, and is not affiliated with or otherwise connected to any Third Party Sites or any Third Party Goods / Services.
9. Your use of the Third Party Sites or any Third Party Goods / Services shall be at your own risk. JCCPS assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any content or any dealing resulting from your access to or use of any Third Party Sites and/or any Third Party Goods / Services.
User Input and Behaviour
10. Whilst JCCPS is under no obligation to monitor and/or review any input placed on the JCCPS site by users and assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever relating to any such user input, JCCPS reserves the right to check from time to time such user input and to remove any such input from the site without notice and without justification.
11. You may become a registered user of this Website / this App by registering an account (the “Account”), in which case you agree that:
(a) You shall be responsible for ensuring that the details you provide for the registration of the Account are correct and complete, and for timely informing JCCPS of any changes to the information you have provided. You can access and update the information you have provided, including your account settings, in the Account.
(b) You may use the Account for the purpose of keeping yourself abreast of the activities, events and offerings in or in connection with any part of the Central Police Station Compound and/or facilitating your participation in any such activity, event or offering.
(c) You shall be responsible for and shall take all necessary steps to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Account and password and for restricting access to your computer and devices on which the Account has been or is used, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account. You shall inform JCCPS immediately if you have any reason to believe that your Account or password is being, or is likely to be used in an unauthorised manner.
(d) Where you obtain any materials from this Website / this App, you shall ensure that your device and/or telecommunications service provider do not block download of materials.
(e) JCCPS may terminate or suspend your Account, any functions of such Account and/or any rights and privileges as holder of such Account at any time without prior notice to you.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
12. The presentation and all contents of this Website / this App, including but not limited to names, likenesses, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, logos, symbols, marks, products and services, are subject to copyright, design rights, trademark and other intellectual property rights of JCCPS and/or third parties. Unauthorized use of these materials is strictly prohibited.
13. You are authorized to use the content of this Website / this App for your personal or non-commercial use only. You may not reproduce, modify, transmit, store in a retrieval system, copy, license, distribute, publish or use in any manner any content on this Website / this App except for the authorized use.
Limitation of Liability
14. JCCPS specifically disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Website / this App, including but not limited to any loss or damage caused by viruses affecting your computer equipment or your reliance on information obtained through the Website / this App. By accessing this Website / this App, you agree to hold JCCPS harmless against any claims for damages arising from any decisions that you make based on the information on this Website / this App.
Third Party Rights
16. JCCPS reserves the right to update these Terms at any time without prior notice to you.
17. In the event of dispute, the decision of JCCPS shall be final, conclusive and binding.
18. These Terms are written in English and the Chinese version is translation for reference only. In the event of inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions, the English shall prevail.