“Chongming Hand Woven Fabric” comes from the traditional craftsmanship culture with over 600 years of history. It is comfortable to wear, durable, thermal resistant in winter and sweat-absorbing in summer. The making of Chongming fabric is very time consuming and complicated. The Chongming women were proud of having Chongming Hand Woven Fabric as dowry. As time goes by, the mechanization of the textile industry in coastal areas flourished through to modern times. The development of Chongming Fabric craftsmanship has been declining since then.
112 mountainyam admires the beauty of handcrafted pieces and the hard work behind them. We hope that these traditions can be continued. The up-cycling collection of the Chongming Fabric is then created, and we are inviting you all to join our handweaving coaster workshop, and know more about the Chongming culture through the making.
Duration: 45 minutes/each session (Max. 3 participants in a session)
Price: $200 /person (Participant can enjoy $50 off purchasing the Chongming collection)
Terms and conditions
- The registration is only valid once the fee has been made before the workshop begins.
- The registration fee is not refundable.
- Each participant can only make and get one coaster in a workshop.
- $50 Discount is only available to be redeemed on the day of workshop.
- The $50 Discount can be only used once at one purchase.
- Purchase is not refundable.
- 112 mountainyam reserves the right of the final decision in case of any dispute arising from the promotion.
The above content is provided by 112 mountainyam