The 100-year chronicle of the lost and forgotten...continues
Is there anyone who, in his youth, already reminisce about the days not yet lived? Among the antiquated buildings in Wan Chai, one home built in the last century escaped the inevitable destiny of being demolished while a hotel becomes the subject of ghost-lore. The home bought by the grandmother used to be glitzy with visitors coming and going. The daughter-in-law promised to continue the home’s vitality. But the grandmother prophesised “my” eventual passing in this home. People, just like homes, will be forgotten eventually just like the unrecorded last words of the abandoned souls. These lonely presences, one after another, continue to be overlooked by history.
Local playwright Chan Kwan Yee and director Yan Pat To joined hands for the first time to chronicle the century-old ghosts that lingered in Wan Chai. A home for the living becomes a tomb for the deceased. A narrative stage traversing time and space will be set at Tai Kwun, setting forth a story about a Hong Kong woman who stayed and a tale of bygone years.
Playwright: Chan Kwan-yee
Director: Yan Pat-to
Performer: Emily Cheng, Lai Yuk-ching, Ceci Chan
Movement director and performer: Wayson Poon
Set designer: Yuen Hon-wai
Light designer: Vanessa Lee
Music and sound designer: Sze Ka-yan
Video designer: Wilfred Wong
Costume designer: Cheung Ho-yin
Producer: Felix Chan
There will be post-performance sharings on the following shows:
21.4.2023 8pm Guests: Chan Kwan-yee, Yan Pat-to, Wong Wing-sze
23.4.2023 8pm Guests: Chan Kwan-yee, Yan Pat-to, Sampson Wong
- Performance lasts for around 60 minutes in Cantonese with no surtitles
- Free seating on a first come first serve basis, some seats may have restricted sightlines
- Recommended for ages 6 and above
- No latecomers will be admitted until a suitable break in the programme
- No cancellations, refunds or changes can be made on confirmed tickets
- Tai Kwun reserves the right to assign seats
- Programmes are subject to change without prior notice. Tai Kwun reserves the right to make the final decision regarding the arrangements.