Hong Kong-style cabaret sings tribute to generational identities and differences
A diva is preparing for her final show as her swan song…or is she?
When you are at a crossroads in life, do you say farewell to your old self and “bring it on!” to your new adventure? Are you old school cool or just lame and unfashionable? Should you stick around for just a bit longer or have you outstayed your welcome? The mind boggles at all the uncertainties.
After the acclaimed productions Tri Ka Tsai and LauZone which explored Hong Kong’s identity through trilingualism and ancestral dialects, multi-talented music artists Anna Lo and Rick Lau continue their musical odyssey in The Farewell Comeback Tour, the finale of this Hong Kong-style cabaret trilogy. With playful music and drama both bitingly funny and insightful, the cabaret examines our generational identity crisis through the evolution of language and slang. Be prepared for the diva to tug at your heartstrings and tickle your funny bone!
Co-creator, Composer, Text & Performer: Anna Lo
Co-creator, Director, Text & Performer: Rick Lau
Text: Benjamin Au Yeung (Ben Sir), Chow Yiu Fai, Leung Pak Kin, William Ng OFM, Chris Shum, Leon Ko, Pia Ho
Musicians: Ming Chan, Eric Chong, Dean Li, Victor Tsang
Lighting Designer: Mak Kwok Fai
Sound Designer: Candog Ha
Production and Stage Manager: Jason Ma
Deputy Stage Manager: Olive Tse
Assistant Stage Manager: Chan Cho Yee
Promotion Photographer and Videographer: Pazu Chan
- This programme contains strong language
- This performance contains strong light and strobe light effects
- Recommended for ages 12 and above
- Performed in Chinese, Putonghua and English with partial Chinese and English surtitles
- Performance Duration: 75 mins
- Latecomers will only be admitted at the suitable moments
- No cancellations, refunds or changes can be made on confirmed tickets
- Tai Kwun reserves the right to assign seats
- Programmes are subject to change without prior notice. Tai Kwun reserves the right to make the final decision regarding the arrangements