Temporary Associate Curator (Artist Book Library and Public Programming) (6-month contract)
- Work closely with the Project Director of BOOKED: Hong Kong Art Book Fair, plan the art book fair in terms of the overall concept/direction, thematic direction, exhibitor focus.
- Conceptualise layout and formulate layout plans (of art book fair exhibitors, curatorial displays and special projects), in coordination with installers and exhibition design professionals such as architects, graphic designers
- Curate and/or provide support to curating displays and special projects for the art book fair
- Provide support for communications and promotional initiatives related to all aspects of the fair, both in print and online including writing, editorial, print and distribution support and for advertising campaigns and/or partnerships
- Lead the Artists’ Book Library in terms of installation, display, updates, etc.
- Take part in considering book acquisitions for the Artists’ Book Library
- Plan public programming events in relation to the Artists’ Book Library and/or the intersection of art and publishing as well as other public programming
- Provide support to educational and public programmes, and in developing outreach to continue building long-term strategic alliances for future editions of the art book fair, and other year-round programme options
You should have/be:
- Master’s Degree in Arts/Cultural Studies/Curatorial Studies or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a contemporary art related art space and/or institution. Hands on experience in public programming, artist book production and/or exhibition (i.e. art book fair), and contemporary artwork production, and event management. Experience in administering the production workflow
- Excellent communication skills, proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese. Good Putonghua is preferred
- Genuine interest and very good knowledge in contemporary art, artist’s books, and visual culture
- Self-motivated, passionate in working with artists, publishers curators and researchers in developing complex art and/or artist book projects
- Problem solving skills, creative, responsible and detail oriented